Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving Weekend

Super long weekend recap coming at you today, so I'm not going to waste any time!

I'm going to rewind all the way to last Wednesday for lunch with my lovely friend Chesleigh at Ken & Sue's.


On Thursday we celebrated Abel's first birthday with a delicious breakfast at my parents' house, including home made cinnamon rolls.




Swede and I played hide-and-seek while Abel napped.



In the afternoon we went to Jonathan's aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner with his extended family. The sweet potato gratin I made was delicious.

Friday was low-key but in a good way. The kids and I mooched around the house in the morning then went to the gym where I had a great six mile run. Abel and I explored the back yard during Swede's quiet time. We had pizza for dinner, and then I watched the first of the new Gilmore Girls episodes.



On Saturday we went to the library in the morning, and then Chesleigh and Doug stopped by on their way back to Denver, bringng fun birthday presents for the kids. 



We had dinner - molten blue cheese dip, steak, twice-baked potatoes, asparagus - with my parents.

There was a little bit of snow on Sunday.




I love Abel's winter sweater from Boden and am planning for him to wear it as much as possible in the next month because he's going to outgrow it way too quickly.

We went to church in the morning, and then Swede and I kicked off the holiday baking season with molasses sugar cookies.



In the afternoon we decorated the Christmas tree and put up a few other Christmas decorations. Swede thought it was really fun to unwrap and hang the ornaments. Abel's agenda, on the other hand, is to beeline for the tree at every opportunity and grab as many ornaments as possible before we catch up.




And that's all! It wasn't a super action-packed weekend, and there were, as always, some tantrums and fussiness from the kids, but there was also plenty of moments of everyday happiness and gratitude for my beautiful family.

6 comments:

  1. I bet it is so fun to do Christmas decoration with the kiddos!

    Is it snowing there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first year my daughter is really into all things Christmas and it's so much fun! We've had a little snow the past couple days but nothing major yet.

      Delete
  2. Your kids are so cute!!! I am totally trying that Blue Cheese Dip- looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-)
      You should definitely try to blue cheese dip, It's so yummy.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a really lovely T-giving weekend! It's so fun you got a little snow too! We just got it to feel cold here. :) hehe But I hope that we get snow this winter! I love traditions during the holidays! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I love his little sweater too! Sully had so much fun unwrapping the ornaments too (most were wrapped in tissue paper). It was like opening a present every time and he was so excited lol.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.