Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Things I did right in 2016

The 2016 edition of this post is not going to quite as exciting as last year which included a new baby and a promotion at work but I still think it's worth the time to look back on what went well this past year.

1) This was the first year with two kids. Everyone appears to be happy and healthy so that's a win in my book. It was, as previously noted many times, a difficult year, but also so rewarding. The kids are delightful and fun and bring joy to my heart every day.




2) We moved into a new house that feels really perfect for our family.

3) I ran 634 miles, including four races. I brought my half marathon time back under 2 hours. I also started doing 21 Day Fix workouts (3-4 per week rather than the official program) which has really boosted my overall fitness.


4) I read 60 books. My favorites were: The Light Between Oceans, The Children, The Watchmaker of Filigree Street, Happiness for Beginners, Ordinary Grace, Commonwealth, and To the Bright Edge of the World, and I've enjoyed getting into the Chief Inspector Armand Gamache mystery series.


5) I completed the second year in my Line-a-Day journal. It was really fun to look back on what we were doing on the same day last year. Things change so much!

6) One of my goals for 2016 was to attend church regularly. After bouncing around between three different churches in 2015, I started going to a new church in January that immediately felt like home. I really enjoy going every week and only missed a handful of Sundays all year.

7) Fun things that happened this year: Holidays - Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Birthdays - Me, Swede, Abel. My favorite summer memories are HERE. Thinking back on this year the highlights are family and friends.


8) This was my first complete year of blogging after starting up in August 2015 and I managed to post fairly consistently the whole year - This is the 103rd post of 2016. I'm still here. I still enjoy it. And you lovely people are still reading... Thank you!

Happy New Year!

11 comments:

  1. You had quite a year! I'm going to add some of those books to my list for 2017!! I hope you have a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought this was a pretty uneventful year but was surprised how much actually happened when I looked back.

      Delete
  2. Glad I got to know you through your blog. 60 books??? Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading and Running - My two favorite things. :-)
      So glad to connect with you via blogs this year!

      Delete
  3. Loved this recap- you accomplished so many awesome things in different areas of your life. It's such a good feeling when you finally find a church that feels like home. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks - Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  5. Wow, wonderful moments and accomplishments! Happy new year, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome how well you did, and how you are feeling about it. Blogging is so rewarding, I am glad that you are enjoying it too and were able to be more consistent this year. It can definitely be hard! I am looking into a few of these books, and I am completely impressed by how well you did with running. WOW. Not a runner... always amazed by them though! Glad you had good changes and memories with your family this year! :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.