Friday, February 24, 2017

Five Favorites - February 2017

Happy Friday! Today I'm linking up with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for the Friday Five 2.0 to tell you about some of my favorite things this month.

1) Earlier this month I shared a list of my favorite running stuff and mentioned that I don't have a favorite shoe. Well - That is no longer true! I have found my running shoe soul mate. Two weeks ago I went down to my local running store and tried on ALL the shoes. I ended up with the Saucony Freedom ISO. I love them! They fit like a glove and so cushy. Also I love the bright color.


2) Swede's favorite thing this month is puzzles. We have done puzzles now and then the past couple years but suddenly she LOVES them. We have really liked the Melissa & Doug wooden jigsaw puzzles in 12-, 24-, and 48-pieces but they are all too easy for her now so it's time to move on up!


3) This year we decided to hire house-cleaners twice a month and it has been so nice. It is a big luxury and I feel very lucky that we can afford it. Although maybe the reason I feel that we can afford it is because I stopped buying clothes... Even if so - It's well worth it! Jonathan did most of the cleaning before so you wouldn't think it would impact my life so much but the real benefit is that we can have more fun as a family together on the weekends.

4) My Friday night routine after the kids go to bed: 30 minutes of yoga and then a bubble bath with Dr. Teal's. This reminds me of my favorite Bath & Body Works Eucalyptus Spearmint Stress Relief line but it's a) cheaper and b) available at the grocery store versus going all the way across town to B&BW.


5) Steph has started up Blogger Pen Pal Project that I did last month with her and Alexandra. It's so fun to get fun mail! And it's a good way to finally use all those cute notecard sets you've been given as gifts throughout the years. Let me know if you want to join in!


That's all! Are you doing anything fun this weekend? Jonathan and I have a date night planned tomorrow for the first time in a while, I have my first long run of official training for the Shiprock Half Marathon, and I'm planning to make Peanut Butter & Jelly Crumb Muffins with Swede.

30 comments:

  1. What's the pen pal project?! Can I join?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! It's run through Facebook by Steph the Bookworm - Just message her FB page and she'll add you to the group!

      Delete
  2. I also love Dr. Teals! So soothing and the scents are divine!
    I'd love to join the blogger Pen Pal project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Great! It's run through Facebook by Steph the Bookworm - Just message her FB page and she'll add you to the group!

      Delete
  3. I just switched to the same Saucony's and so far I am in love with them too! Good to mix it up sometimes
    Confessions of a mother runner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised that I like them so much! I thought I wanted more shoe but I guess I wanted less. They feel so streamlined yet so cushy.

      Delete
  4. Your new shoes look so nice- it's the best when you finally find a pair that you love! Blogger swaps are always so fun- the ice cream sandwich card is so cute. I hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously the shoes fit and feet great running but it doesn't hurt that they are really cute too! :-)

      Delete
  5. So fun! I'm loving the pen pal thing. I really need to get my second note out this weekend! The month is almost over! haha XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end of February really snuck up on me too!

      Delete
  6. I love the eucalpytus spearmint line at BBW. I have the lotion of Dr. Teal's (I don't take baths). I love your Friday night ritual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That eucalyptus-spearmint combo is such a relaxing and peaceful scent, I have the lotion at the my desk at work too.

      Delete
  7. We hired a cleaner last week to do a one time deep cleaning and it was great! We can't afford it regularly but are thinking of doing it a couple of times a year just to do the major dusting and deep cleans.

    So glad you joined in the pen pal swap. It's so nice to get happy mail instead of just bills and junk! I've been meaning to mail my second card all week but still haven't! Tomorrow! February is almost done - yikes! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes it so much fun to get the mail (for me that means walking the community center which on rainy/snowy nights is not always my first choice of activity!) when there's a greater chance of something fun. The end of February really snuck up on me too to get the cards out!

      Delete
  8. Oh man, I miss hot bubble baths! Only a couple more months :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking a hot bubble bath was definitely one of the things I missed most when I was pregnant!

      Delete
  9. We hired a cleaner when my now 15 year old was 9 months old. My husband has said he'd give up cell phones before he'd give up the cleaners LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I agree! Two months in and I can never go back!

      Delete
  10. Ooh - Pen pals sound fun! Did they have a post on it that I can go find, or is it a little less official than that?

    Those running shoes are so fun! I'm always sad when the prettiest shoes aren't the right type of shoe for my foot. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should join in! It's run through Facebook by Steph the Bookworm - Just message her FB page and she'll add you to the group, You can join opt in or out any month you want.

      Delete
  11. I love your Sauconys! I tried on a few pair last time around and they just don't work with my insoles. bummer!

    I would love to have a soak in the bath each night... we don't have a tub (I live in a small flat), but I told my husband that I have only two requirements for whenever we finally can move to a bigger place - there MUST be a tub and I MUST have a kitchen at least 2 times the size I have now (it's like the size of your shoebox... feels like...).

    I'll be working on school stuff this weekend. And going for a run Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We moved into a new house last October with a soaker tub and I absolutely love it. Definitely something to key in mind when house-hunting in the future.
      Hope you had a good run this weekend! :-)

      Delete
  12. Before I started "really" running, I wore saucony All the time and swore by them! When I started running longer distances and got fitted for shoes I new right away I wanted Saucony but for some reason their running shoes didn't work for me.

    The pen-pal thing sounds fun, as does Swede's puzzles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to find that perfect shoe!
      You should join in the pen pals next month - Just message Steph the Bookworm on Facebook and she'll get you hooked up!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. I think bright running shoes are so much fun. I remember when I was a kid it was all black or white - So glad the colors are in now!

      Delete
  14. A penpal project sounds awesome! I'm going to have to message Steph about that!
    And now I have to check out Dr. Teals. Any idea if it's cruelty-free? (I can just google it, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that you're in for March - Fun!!!
      Just had to check that Dr. Teal's is cruelty-free and thank goodness it is so I can keep using it - I ought to check that more often before I purchase beauty products.

      Delete
  15. I'm not much of a bath person, but during these last two months of recovering from a csection, man I wanted one so badly! And now that I can have one as of last week, I haven't haha. You want what you can't have, right? ;) That's so awesome you hired regular house cleaners! I feel like I can keep on top of things being home except for the bathrooms. I told jim yesterday actually, that I'd love to just have someone come in and do our bathrooms every two weeks! So we might look into that. And I agree - cleaning, especially if done on the weekends, can really take away time better spent as a family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never into baths until we moved to our next house last fall which has a separate big tub in our bathroom - It feels so luxurious!
      You were one of the people who convinced me to try the house cleaners. I agree that having them do the bathrooms and the kitchen is most important.

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.