Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Five Favorites - Running Edition

Hey Friends! Today I'm going to share with you all my favorite running stuff, as well as pretty much every race photo I could find from the last 8 years.

[I am linking up with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for the Friday Five 2.0!]

1) Favorite songs to listen to while running:
     - The Rat by The Walkman - It's pretty much impossible for me to hear the opening drums to this song while running and not immediately switch into another gear.
     - Titanium by David Guetta


2) Favorite race distance: I'll tell you how many races I've done at various distances, and you tell me what my favorite is - Ready?
     - Full Marathon: 2
     - Half Marathon: 26
     - 10-Mile: 6
     - 10K: 5
     - 5-Mile: 5
     - 5K: 11
You are correct! I love half marathons.

3) Favorite outfit: I'm almost always on the treadmill these days so these aren't typical winter running choices.
     - Relay 2.0 Capris from Athleta
     - Double Dare Sports Bra from Athleta
     - Resolution Tank from Eddie Bauer - This is a basic racerback tech shirt at an unbeatable price - $25 but I got mine - I have 3 - on sale for $15 each!


4) Favorite running fuel: I am not at all particular. Anything works. Maybe GU is my favorite because it's the easiest - Less energy expended by chewing means more energy for running! I haven't been running very far lately but as I get to 8+ miles as my long run I like to have something mid-way through.

5) Favorite running shoes: I don't know! I wore various iterations of the Nike Pegasus for over a decade, but the latest version didn't work for me, so I tried the Brooks Glycerin. I like them but I don't love them so I think I'll keep looking. The next time I have a free afternoon (Ha!) I want to go to the running store and try on every pair they have. Until then... I might try the Mizuno Wave Rider. 

That's all! Fellow runners: Do you listen to music when you run? I only do when I'm on the treadmill - Never outside. What's your favorite race distance? Most importantly - What is your favorite running shoe?

12 comments:

  1. You've done so many races, but you can definitely tell that half marathons are your favorite! I have the full length relay tights and they're my favorite if I'm going to attempt running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd get the full length relay tights if I ran more outside in the winter but I always end up on the treadmill. I'd like another pair of the capris but am waiting for a fun pattern!

      Delete
  2. I like your music selection! :) I always envy you running folks. :) heheh XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to listen to more of the music you do in your Friday posts! It's been a while since I've found anything new.

      Delete
  3. I have those last three songs on my playlist too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Those are some of my favorite songs not just for running but of all time. :-)

      Delete
  4. I do all of my running in the Muzuno wave inspire sneakers. I would highly recommend them if you're looking for a new running sneaker.

    I'm a big fan of David Guetta. I have at least one of his songs on all of my different workout playlists. If you ever want to write a post about music for running/workouts, please feel free to join the Tunes Tuesday link up. I co-host it with two awesome bloggers.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Fun - I will definitely check out the Tunes Tuesday linkup! And thanks for the shoe recommendation!

      Delete
  5. I like to listen to music sometimes, but it's mostly podcasts or nothing at all for me. I really love the marathon distance, but tend to race a lot of half marathons. They are so easy to train for and you can walk afterwards which is a huge bonus haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are your favorite podcasts? I listen to them sometimes during long runs but I find that music really helps me when I want to go a tempo.
      I would like to run another marathon someday but half marathon training is so much more manageable for my life right now.

      Delete
  6. 26 half marathons?! That's crazy but awesome! I will be running my FIRST half this summer (Sea Wheeze), and I'm equal parts terrified and excited lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Brie!!! So excited that you'll be doing your first half. And Sea Wheeze! I have always wanted to do that one, It looks really fun.

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.