Some notes from the weekend here:
1) A great 8-mile run for me on Saturday morning. It felt effortless!
2) Jonathan brought home these pretty flowers. Just because.
3) We wore funny hats. Just because.
4) We bought a new mattress! Am I officially old because I'm excited about a new mattress? [Don't answer that.]
5) I made a whole chicken in the slow-cooker for dinner on Saturday - Thanks to Heather and Brie for alerting me to this genius idea!
7) Abel's nap schedule had us going to church at 8 a.m. the past few months but it's shifted yet again and we're back to the 9:30 a.m. service which means a more leisurely Sunday morning.
8) This is the first photo taken of Swede and Abel together in at least six months in which one of them is not blurry and/or crying. Progress!
9) My parents came over to watch the first half of the Super Bowl and have snacks. There were nachos.
10) I don't have anything else to say but I feel like I can't end a list at #9.
Upcoming this week:
Mon: Broccoli Shells & Cheese from Budget Bytes. Plus ham because we had some leftover from this soup last week <--Super good BTW!
Tue: Frozen Lasagna. [Bonus Swede-ism from the last time we had a frozen lasagna. My mom: What are you having for dinner? Me: Frozen lasagna. Swede: I like my lasagna better warmed up!]
Thu: Creamy Butternut, Bacon, & Brussels Sprouts Pasta from How Sweet Eats
I think it's time to switch up my cross-training because the 21 Day Fix workouts are starting to feel too rote. Suggestions?
Mon: Run 5 miles
Tue: Upper Fix
Wed: Run 5 miles
Thu: Lower Fix
Sat: Run 8 miles
That's all! I hope that you had a nice weekend. Anything fun going on this week?