Sunday, February 5, 2017

Weekend [Feb 5, 2017]

Hey Friends! I hope that you had a nice weekend. Did you watch the Super Bowl? More importantly - Did you have any good Super Bowl snacks?

Some notes from the weekend here:

1) A great 8-mile run for me on Saturday morning. It felt effortless!

2) Jonathan brought home these pretty flowers. Just because.


3) We wore funny hats. Just because.


4) We bought a new mattress! Am I officially old because I'm excited about a new mattress? [Don't answer that.]


5) I made a whole chicken in the slow-cooker for dinner on Saturday - Thanks to Heather and Brie for alerting me to this genius idea!

 6) I don't know why, but Abel in this photo looks like he belong in the '50s. He looks so darn wholesome. And eerily reminiscent of a photo of my dad at this same age. I should make it black-and-white and do a side-by-side comparison.


7) Abel's nap schedule had us going to church at 8 a.m. the past few months but it's shifted yet again and we're back to the 9:30 a.m. service which means a more leisurely Sunday morning. 

8) This is the first photo taken of Swede and Abel together in at least six months in which one of them is not blurry and/or crying. Progress!


9) My parents came over to watch the first half of the Super Bowl and have snacks. There were nachos.


10) I don't have anything else to say but I feel like I can't end a list at #9.

Upcoming this week:

Meals

Mon: Broccoli Shells & Cheese from Budget Bytes. Plus ham because we had some leftover from this soup last week <--Super good BTW!

Tue: Frozen Lasagna. [Bonus Swede-ism from the last time we had a frozen lasagna. My mom: What are you having for dinner? Me: Frozen lasagna. Swede: I like my lasagna better warmed up!]

Wed: Burritos


Fri: Pizza

Workouts

I think it's time to switch up my cross-training because the 21 Day Fix workouts are starting to feel too rote. Suggestions?

Mon: Run 5 miles
Tue: Upper Fix
Wed: Run 5 miles
Thu: Lower Fix
Fri: Yoga
Sat: Run 8 miles
Sun: Rest

That's all! I hope that you had a nice weekend. Anything fun going on this week?

15 comments:

  1. Those flowers are so pretty! So sweet he brought them for you. What kind of mattress did you get? My husband and I are in the market for a new one. We looked around this weekend but it was overwhleming -- I didn't know how many varieties there were! Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I have no idea what mattress we got! My husband did all the research and spent a morning at the store - Bless him. It's a foam style which is different from what we had before & feels very luxurious.

      Delete
  2. Pretty flowers!! Such a nice gesture!! The mattress looks comfy too! Glad you enjoyed the slow cooker chicken!! Cute little happy picture of your kids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The slow-cooker chicken is definitely going to become a staple - So glad you told me about that!

      Delete
  3. Just because flowers are the best & they're so pretty! And yay for a new mattress, definitely an exciting purchase! Such a sweet picture of Abel and Swede together. Your Thursday night pasta sounds delicious and we actually have some leftover pappardelle from a skinnytaste recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try the pasta! I use sliced up Brussels sprouts instead of the leeks.
      Can't believe I managed to get a decent photo of the kids together for once!

      Delete
  4. I love just because flowers :) They are the best! Have you tried any of the workouts from fitness blender? I really like them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just was checking out Fitness Blender now - I think I will try one tomorrow - Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I also like a round 10 list!

    Great photo of the kids! Hurrah for a new mattress - that is excitement in adultland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have felt OK stopping at 8, but at 9... Nope. I think 9 is my least favorite number. It just feels like it's teetering on the edge.
      I do love our new mattress. Good sleep is priceless.

      Delete
  6. Aww yes, I can see where Abel looks like he should be in an old timey picture! he's too cute!

    I made a Buffalo chicken dip for super bowl and I had some left over and put it on my turkey sandwich for lunch today. I know it sounds gross but it was really good! Have a fun week Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's the striped shirt? I don't know, He looks like Leave It to Beaver's little brother or something, Haha!
      I LOVE all things Buffalo so the dip (and the sandwich) both sound really good!

      Delete
  7. The flowers are so sweet! I love that you share your recipes because I am always looking for more. Heather bringing up the whole chicken/crock pot blew my mind!! Can't wait to try it!! The photos of the kids are so cute! I was a little underwhelemed with the snacks this year during the super bowl.. .but i did not contribute... hhaha so I will not be complaining. It was great not to have to make dinner! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always looking for new recipe ideas (for normal people to make) - I follow some food blogs that have amazing food but it's too expensive and/or complicated.
      Still can't believe I got a semi-OK photo of the kids together!
      The nachos were really good but it didn't quite feel like the Super Bowl without anything Buffalo - That is my weakness! :-)

      Delete
  8. Purchasing a new mattress is a very personal and rewarding experience, so I understand why you would be justifiably excited. Just think of all the appreciable comfort and rewarding rest that new mattress will provide a busy mother like yourself! It's also a great place to eat nachos and watch the Super Bowl. I know this because I've tried.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.