Sunday, March 19, 2017

Weekend [March 18-19, 2017]

This weekend went by too quickly and I'm not feeling ready for another Monday tomorrow. You've probably noticed I haven't been as with it on the blog lately and it's because work has gotten the best of me these past two weeks. But I was glad to take a break, other than some quick email checks, to enjoy a nice weekend with my favorite people.

Saturday started out with a great 9-mile run that restored some of my lost confidence from a difficult tempo run on Thursday. 

Swede and I baked Easter M&M cookies while Abel napped.



And then Abel and I played outside while Swede napped. We've been having really nice weather the past couple weeks - Just it time for spring! I think Abel and Gumball are the happiest to spend time outside.


We went to the library after nap time. The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend is the current favorite. Our babysitter came over in the evening while Jonathan and I went out to dinner at Steamworks. This was unfortunately the one disappointment of the weekend as we finished the night with an argument about politics over dessert. Date night fail.

At least there was spinach-artichoke dip.

On Sunday morning we went to church and then visited with my mom. After lunch the kids both napped and I started My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella. Being busy and stressed at work makes me crave light and fun books. 

After nap time we had a fun trip to the playground then stopped by the fancy grocery store before heading home for veggie sandwiches (cream cheese, avocado, tomato, cucumber, sprouts) and chips for dinner.



Upcoming this week:

Meals

Mon: Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken & Swiss Sandwiches from Bev Cooks
Tue: Butternut Squash Carbonara from How Sweet Eats
Wed: Crock-Pot Red Beans & Rice from Gimme Some Oven
Thu: Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables from Averie Cooks
Fri: Chicken Parmesan French Breads from Bev Cooks

Exercise

Last week I managed to do my three scheduled runs but I skipped all cross-training in order to sleep in due to Daylight Savings. After a week without any strength & stretching though I felt like a slug, so this week I'm determined to get back in the habit of waking up early to get it done.

Other

My mom's birthday is on Thursday (Happy Birthday Mom!) but otherwise it's a quiet week.

That's all! Did you have a nice weekend? Anything fun coming up this week?

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are soooo good! I'm obsessed.

      Delete
  2. Ooh yeah I feel ya on the politics. Best skipped, unfortunately. It's hard to have conversations with anyone mildly politically related these days. Glad over all it was a good weekend and you had a bit of a break from work. I love fluffy books and agree that I crave them when real life is stressful. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst part is that it's not even that we disagree on the actual issues! We have basically the same viewpoint on everything but we argue about the best way to deal with everything that is going on...

      Delete
  3. Easter M&M cookies are adorable. I want to make those! Aww politics argument. Greg and I usually agree but we have had some disagreements. Those veggie sandwiches sound delicious and perfect for the spring weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do agree on most things too. This argument wasn't actually about an ideological different, which makes it even more stupid! Sigh.
      The veggie sandwiches are so good and perfect for springy weather. I love winter soups & stews but am always ready for lighter food & salads come spring.

      Delete
  4. Those cookies look delicious! So does the dip. And now you've made me hungry! I was super tired last week too between the time change and Amelia not feeling/sleeping well. I was not ready for it to be Monday again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time change is the worst! I wish they would get rid of it altogether.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I love getting seasonal M&Ms and sprinkles - My daughter is obsessed with sprinkles - to make things festive and fun year round. :-)

      Delete
  6. Ohhhhh political arguments. They get the best of me every dang time. I had a tiff with my dad last week on that subject. It's a heavy time in America right now!
    Other than the argument, your weekend sounds great! I love that you bake with your little one!! That's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easter cookies! That's fun. Actually since Jordan and I haven't been on social media this month, I haven't seen anything that has enraged me so less political discussions! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I escaped the time change tiredness, but then this week hit me hard and I've been so tired in the mornings. Those cookies look delicious!! And those veggies sandwiches sound so good too.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.