Sunday, March 5, 2017

Weekend [March 4-5, 2017]

Greetings! Did you have a nice weekend? A quick recap of the weekend here - 

Saturday: Seven-mile run with a new playlist = Fun! Weekend baking project with Swede #1: Chai Snickerdoodle Cookies. Date night out with Jonathan at Carvers Brewing Company - They have the best steak sandwich. "I'll have a steak sandwich, and a steak sandwich." <--Name that movie!

Sunday: Church. Weekend baking project with Swede #2: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies. A trip to the "fancy" grocery store, which - I'm a little embarrassed to admit - is our current Sunday afternoon family outing until the weather is nice enough to do fun things outside. Finally watched Pitch Perfect 2 which was not nearly as fun as the original.

Photos:






Upcoming this week:

Workouts:
I've been enjoying some new-to-me YouTube workouts from BodyFit by Amy for cross-training along with Week #3 of half marathon training.

Mon: Run 5 miles

Tue: BodyFit by Amy - Total Body Challenge #2
Wed: Run 5 miles with 8x.25 mile hills
Thu: BodyFit by Amy - Total Body Challenge #3
Fri: Yoga
Sat: Run 9 miles
Sun: Rest

Meals
I'll be the first to admit my meal planning has slipped somewhat lately in favor of quick, easy, and/or comforting food.

Mon: Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu from SkinnyTaste

Tue: Spaghetti and Meatballs
Wed: Falafal (from a box) with Greek salad
Thu: Chicken Fajita Pasta from Budget Bytes
Fri: Baked potatoes with chili (from a can - Amy's)
Sat: Dinner & Game Night with my parents - Haven't decided what I'm making yet.

That's all! I'm really busy at work right now so I'm trying to keep my calendar light otherwise. Do you have anything fun happening this week?

20 comments:

  1. Loved your weekend recap! They are currently filming PP3 here in Atl! I haven't spotted anyone though. Those cookies look SO good. And the babies (I call all kids regardless of age babies) are TOO dang precious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-)
      I didn't know there was a PP3 in the works, That's fun! Hopefully it will be better than the 2nd though, I didn't like it nearly as much as the original.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend-- both of the cookies you made sound/look delicious. I hope you guys like the skillet cordon bleu & I'm craving falafel now- it's one of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cordon bleu was really good, and so easy! Really glad you shared that recipe. :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm sitting here eating doritos while reading about your exercise plans *gulp* Lol!
    Sounds like a fun, relaxing weekend! I still haven't see PP2.
    I'm ready to send these books out :) Want to email me your address? audreylou09@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yum, I love Doritos. Full disclosure, I was eating ice cream while writing this post...
      Emailing you now, and hey PENPAL!!! Putting something in the mail for you today. :-)

      Delete
  4. OMG Chai snickerdoodle cookies sound amazing! How were they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are SO good! Probably my favorite cookie right now. And I'm normally a chocolate fan. The chai spices are just right - Subtle, but enough to make it different and special.

      Delete
  5. Your children are SO adorable. Those cookies look delicious! My 5 year old would pick the green stuff out of the second batch though ;) haha. Dinner and Game night sounds fun! We often do make-them-yourself pizzas for that kind of night if you're looking for an idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW - Thank you! I like them. :-)
      Make your own pizza is always fun! My parents kindly offered to bring dinner this time, Score! My mom is such a better cook than me.
      I was hoping the zucchini cookies would be a nice healthy but fun snack but they are definitely not the favorite. How can you compete with chai snickerdoodles though?

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend. I'm going to say every single week... but I just love love your weekend baking project! It's so cute. I want to do more baking and have more weekend type rituals. :) I love the photos too! Looking into this fajita pasta recipe! This week is KC's bday week and I am so jazzed! :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so nice! It has been a really fun weekly tradition that I hope we continue for a long time. I'll have to get Abel involved once he's a little older.
      Happy Birthday to KC! :-)

      Delete
  7. Both cookies look amazing. They make me want to bake but psych I don't want to, I want someone to bake for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely didn't bake so much before the kids but it's nice to have weekend projects/activities to help us not go crazy. ;-)

      Delete
  8. I have seriously been wanting to make snickerdoodles for a few weeks now! These look really good. Was it good with the chai in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooo good. I love them. The chai spices are subtle but enough to make it special. The cookie recipe itself is perfect I think, I would use it even without the chai spices for normal snickerdoodles too.

      Delete
  9. Ummm the zucchini cookies look amazing! I need to bake more...it's so therapeutic haha but so is eating everything ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zucchini ones are good but definitely 2nd place to the snickerdoodles this week!

      Delete
  10. I still really enjoyed the second Pitch Perfect, but I felt what it was missing was the guys singing group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Overall I didn't like the songs as much as in the original.

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.