Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter Weekend 2017

Greetings! We had a really nice Easter weekend - I hope that you did too!

The weekend started out with a five mile run on Saturday morning - OK, so this was not a highlight was the weekend, because it was miserable! I have seriously lost my running mojo these past couple weeks which is really discouraging. But that's not what I'm here to chat about today, so... 

Later in the morning the kids and I headed over to my parents house for an Easter egg hunt. It was a beautiful day and my mom's daffodil field bloomed perfectly in time for the holiday! Swede was very serious and focused on finding all the eggs. A girl on a mission! It took Abel a while to catch on but I think he enjoyed it too.


He's a good egg.


Amicable sibling moment - It DOES happen!


There was chocolate...

In the afternoon both kids took great naps and then Swede and I dyed eggs which was fun, and less messy than I anticipated - Bonus! I like the turquoise one the best.


In the evening our babysitter (who has been out of town for several weeks) came over so that Jonathan and I could celebrate 4/15 at one of our favorite restaurants - Cyprus Cafe. The deadline isn't until 4/18 this year but I finished up most of my work on Friday - Hooray! This lemon cocktail was delicious, and they have an intensely wonderful chocolate pot d'creme dessert that I can't resist.


On Sunday we went to the early church service and then headed over to Jonathan's parents' house. It was also my mother-in-law's birthday so they hosted brunch for all the aunts/uncles/cousins. There was ham, spinach salad, fruit salad, potato salad, deviled eggs (made by Jonathan and they were delicious) and a green-chili egg bake.


Plus... Cupcakes! There was a high level of chocolate consumption this weekend.


The kids were a little overstimulated from all the excitement and presents and chocolate so we had a low-key afternoon at home, leftovers for dinner, and an early bedtime for everyone.

That's all!

14 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of good food. I've never heard of green chili egg bake. What is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's similar to this: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/45582/green-chili-casserole/
      It's a cross between a crustless quiche and a chili relleno. J's cousin's husband's mom always brings it to family events - Really good!

      Delete
  2. Yay for the end of tax season- your celebration sounds wonderful! Love the pictures from the kids Easter egg hunt- I'm sure they had so much fun and those cupcakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for the end of tax season! It is such a relief.
      The kids loved the Easter egg hunt which we have re-enacted (with empty eggs, enough is enough of chocolate) every day since. :-)

      Delete
  3. Aww that little Good Egg shirt is cute! Glad you guys had a nice Easter and a date night too!! So happy for you that you have almost finished up with your busy season!!
    PS: We decorated eggs on Saturday and it was 100% more messy than I was anticipating, oops. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! What happened that the egg decorating was so messy? I am always so hesitant with projects like that luckily it went OK this time but I'm sure once Abel gets involved the chaos level will increase...

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the end of tax season!! (I feel like we should send out accountant's firm some fruit or flowers since they work so hard for us!)
    I LOVE your mom's daffodil field!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! I'm so glad to be done with tax season.
      Aren't the daffodils so beautiful? I want to plant dozens in our front yard for next spring.

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a great weekend! I love it! We were in NOLA. It was (I think!) our first time being away for Easter. But I didn't mind too much... if I'm being honest... hehehe Congratulations on making it through 4/15! I was definitely thinking of you being busy! Woohoo for it being over. THe food all looks awesome. I'm a sucker for deviled eggs. Glad that your festivities went well and that the kids had fun! I love Abel's shirt! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering if you planned NOLA for Easter on purpose. Sometimes it's nice to travel for the holidays. Lesser holidays, that is - I consider Easter and TG the lesser holidays, I always want to be home for Christmas.
      I love deviled eggs too but there are so much work! Luckily J handled it this time but I'm not sure I can talk him into it again...

      Delete
  6. Love your mom's daffodils!

    I'm glad egg dying was less messy than anticipated. Always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always so apprehensive of projects like dying eggs and carving jack-o-lanterns both of which we tried for the first time this year and both of which turned out well - Pretty sure that won't always be the case but at least we had a good first attempt!

      Delete
  7. Looks like you guys had a wonderful Easter weekend! And yay for end of tax season!! We were traveling all day on Easter Sunday (and so sick that whole weekend) that we never did any type of celebration or Easter egg hunt. Oops! Luckily, Sully is none the wiser, but I think I will still do a fun egg hunt one day just for fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids have done repeat Easter egg hunts (minus the chocolate instead) I think every day that they'd been at my mom's since Easter, so it definitely doesn't matter what day it is!

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.