Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Me x 3

Hey Friends! It's been a while since I've done a random-things-about-me post so I'm borrowing this format from Steph. And because I don't have any photos to go along with this I've added in some from last weekend.

Here we go!


Three things I'd never give up: Coffee. Cheese. Cookies.

Three favorite vegetables: Kale. Butternut Squash. Beets. [Anyone want to guess what Jonathan's three least favorite vegetables are?]

Three shows I watched faithfully from beginning to end: Friends. Gilmore Girls. Firefly.

Three places I want to visit in the U.S.: Chicago. The Grand Canyon. Colonial Williamsburg.

Three places I want to visit outside the U.S.: To hike the Tour de Mont Blanc. A cruise in the Baltic. All-inclusive super-swanky Caribbean beach resort.


Three things I always have with me: Chap-Stick. A book. My phone. [Although I'm trying to leave the phone behind more often these days.]

Three things that are always in my car: Chap-Stick. Baby wipes. Quarters.

Three most recent phone calls were to/from: Other than my mom the only calls I've received in months are from clients or telemarketers, specifically this one recorded message that's offering to help with my student loans. [I don't have student loans.]

Three books I read and loved in college: Atlas Shrugged. 100 Years of Solitude. Gone with the Wind.

Three most used makeup products: Mascera. Eye Shadow. Lip Gloss. [Date night only. I don't wear make-up most of the time.]


Three things that make me laugh: My kids being silly and sweet. Puns. Captain Holt on Brooklyn 99.

Three things that make me cry: Bad things happening to children/animals. When I feel like a bad mom because I've snapped at the kids for no good reason except that I'm tired and stressed. The scene in pretty much any movie when the baby is born. [Obviously the last one is tears of happiness.]

Three things I frequently forget: My phone charger when going out of town. To reply to texts promptly, which drives me crazy because I can't believe I've become one of *those* people who drive me crazy by not responding to texts promptly. To buy stamps.

Three errands I love to run: I can't think of any errands I like to run. I do like having new books from the library but I will try to convince someone else to pick them up for me whenever possible.


Three famous people I'd like to meet: Ann Patchett. Shalane Flanagan. Emily Blunt.

Three famous people I'd like to avoid: Donald Trump. And pretty much any other member of the Republican party currently in power. Which I know is more than three but how can you narrow it down?

Three things I'd recommend: I am obsessed with these Chai Snickerdoodle cookies. I really like this Bubba Tumbler because it's 32 ounces so - I know this makes me sounds lazy, but so be it - I'm not always popping into the kitchen to refill my water glass, but the less I'm in the kitchen means the less opportunities I have to pick up a snack I probably don't need. And Boden is my go-to for fun cute bright clothes for me and the kids, and they have the best cashmere.

Three things I always look forward to: Birthdays. Holidays. Vacations.

Three things I always dread: Running errands. Listening to voice mail. Going to the dentist.


That's all! Have a nice day. :-)

20 comments:

  1. Can I just say I love all the adorable photos in this post?! And I love this post too. I have one in my drafts that you've encouraged me to finish up!! :) I, too, dread listening to voicemail! Drives me crazy. I also love Captain Holt and that entire show...it's one of my favourites. I feel supreme mommy guilt when I snap at the kids sometimes but then I try to remember that we are all human and these things can happen. I also have realized that if it was a minor thing I snapped over and I apologize and explain how I was feeling, it can be pretty easily forgiven and forgotten by the kids (thank goodness). I understand your need to spend less time in the kitchen - if I worked from home I would eat ALL DAY LONG (so it works out that I don't - haha) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this post in drafts for AGES! It was really hard for me to come up with answers to some of the questions.
      Brooklyn 99 is the ONLY show that J and I watch together - I don't know when it's coming back on?
      Thank goodness little kids are so forgiving! I definitely need it.

      Delete
  2. My husband dislikes all of my favorite veggies too! Williamsburg is on my list of places I'd like to try and visit sometime this year-- we always get commercials and they totally suck me in. Telemarketing calls are the worst- we always seem to get ones that don't apply to us either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny about the veggies! I've won him over on kale and butternut squash (well, sometimes - not every week) but beets are no go forever. As long as it means I get to keep red onions off the menu then I'll take it!

      Delete
  3. OMG, we have (or had, not sure we're it is) that same red, white, and black blanket for our old dog too! Do you know where your came from? I inherited mine from my husband before we were married so of course I know he wouldn't know..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is crazy because ours came from my husband before we were married too! Haha - What a crazy coincidence! I think that his parents gave it to him so I'll ask his mom - She remembers everything like that.

      Delete
  4. This is a random question- how tall is Jonathan? He looks tall and lanky in that picture, so I was curious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6'5! Yep - Pretty tall and lanky. :-)

      Delete
  5. I love this post! I also hate listening to voicemails. I also love beets but hate making them - so messy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that making beets is a mess! Sometimes I'll pick up tho pre-roasted ones at the store but they are $$.

      Delete
  6. This is so fun! I love it. :) Is it weird that I enjoy getting groceries... I don't always want to go, but I like walking around the aisles. haha I agree with your celebrity picks as well! :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually - Yes! J does the main grocery shopping so if I ever have a chance to go it is kinda fun. I think the problem is that I'm always in a rush. If I could run errands more leisurely it wouldn't be so bad.

      Delete
  7. I have also become the person who does not always respond to texts promptly and I hate it.

    And I get student loan calls too for my no-longer existing student loans. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I've become that person with the text messages! I used to always complain - How long does it take to send a text? Just do it! But now - I seriously just forget. Sigh...

      Delete
  8. Bleh... no beets for me. Beets and peas are like the only two veggies I dislike. Ha.
    Yes to Firefly! I mentioned that show on my blog today, too! Ha! And Williamsburg is so cute!
    I'm giggling about the three people you DON'T want to meet. Ha. And I HATE the dentist. Bleh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if you watch Broolyn 99 but Nathan Fillion had a guest role in the last episode! I was like, Aw, MAL! Captain Tight Pants! (I call Abel that sometimes when he's ready to go up a size...) I will forever love him from Firefly - Still one of my favorite shows.
      (Sorry for the super late reply!)

      Delete
  9. bahaha yes. running errands with my kids is SO HARD. I can't stand it some days. other days I'm fine. maybe that makes me a bad mama?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I don't think so all! Running errands with kids is nigh impossible. :-)
      Sorry for the super late reply!

      Delete
  10. I loved this post! I wanna do one now, haha.

    I HATE listening to voicemails too. Almost as much as I hate talking on the phone ;)

    If I can run errands kid free - then that's like a mini holiday! But with kids - super annoying most of the time. Takes me 10x as long with kids in tow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me an embarrassingly long time to come up with answers to some of the categories...
      Why is listening to voicemail so awful?! I don't know but I just DREAD it. Love the new voice to text feature these days!

      Delete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.