Wednesday, May 24, 2017

5x5 Things About Me

Hey Friends! Wednesday seems like a good day for some random trivia. And, of course, some random recent photos.

1) Favorite Disney Songs, in no particular order:
     1) Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty
     2) Prince Ali from Aladdin
     3) Let It Go from Frozen <--Swede's current favorite movie
     4) Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast
     5) Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid

Mommy & Me Watermelon Toms

2) States in which I have lived, in chronological order:
     1) California
     2) Washington
     3) Idaho
     4) Florida
     5) Colorado

With my buddy Elliott in Denver earlier this month

3) Favorite black-and-white movies, also in chronological order:
     1) It Happened One Night - 1934, Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert
     2) The Philadelphia Story - 1940, Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn
     3) Casablanca - 1942, Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman
     4) Roman Holiday - 1953, Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn
     5) The Apartment - 1960, Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine

This kid is so goofy and fun.

4) Things I'd like to do someday:
     1) Go for a ride in a hot air balloon
     2) Hike the Colorado Trail (500 miles from Denver to Durango)
     3) Learn how to can, quilt, and ride a horse
     4) See the Northern Lights
     5) Go on a yoga retreat

Swedey has graduated to the grown-up swings!

5) Words that describe me:
     - Affectionate
     - Quirky
     - Introverted
     - Organized
     - Tired

Your turn! Favorite Disney song? How many states have you lived in? Are you a fan of old movies? What's on your "Someday" list?

8 comments:

  1. I'd love to see the Northern Lights too!

    Love love love the watermelon TOMS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! I've only lived in Kansas, but we'll see what the future holds. You never know. My favorite Disney song... oh gosh. I love any of them where a princess is doing something domestic. LOL That's so weird, but I've noticed the trend. Nightingale and When Will my Life Begin?, and Whistle While You Work. ahhah I love anything from Sleeping Beauty. I want to see the Northern Lights and ride in a hot air balloon too. Telluride looks awesome for that! & you guys are in the right state for that! I don't watch enough old movies, but I do enjoy them. I don't know that I could watch them over and over. But that could be said for most movies I think. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Philadelphia Story and Roman Holiday :) I kind of want to borrow this! I'd take out the state question though because I've only lived in Ohio (and India for a month). I want to see the Northern Lights, too!!
    I don't know what my favorite Disney song is... Maybe Can't Wait to be King (The Lion King) or something from Hercules...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I commented but it is gone - so if I did ignore this one lol.
    Love those matching TOMS - so perfect! I love watermelon anything.
    hakuna matata is my favourite Disney song for sure.
    What was your favourite state to live in?
    I want to do a road trip east - US or Canada or both :) Going on a yoga retreat was one of the best things I have ever done for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your matching shoes -- that is so sweet! Quirky, introverted, and tired are probably 3 of the top words I'd use to describe myself too - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute post! I've only lived in PA and TX. I first heard " It happened on night" on the Sex and the city movie...haha. Now that it made your top list I am curious as to what it's about. What is it about?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have lived in zero states! ;) But 3 provinces! Haha. I love the entire The Lion King soundtrack. I still own it on CD from way back in the day. Love the matching Toms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun-- Prince Ali is definitely one of my favorite Disney songs too, and now it's stuck in my head ;) haha. I would love to see the northern lights and learn how to can someday!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.