Welcome to the 2nd annual edition of The Great Summer To-Do List. This is where I get organized with projects and fun for the months ahead.
1) Redo the flower beds in the front yard and do something about the (lack of) grass in the back yard. I don't exactly have a green thumb so am not looking forward to this but it'll be nice once it's done.
I am including this photo as the yard looks currently in hopes that I have a gorgeous "after" photo to show you in September:
2) Buy a couple comfortable chairs and an end table for the back porch. I have dreams of sitting outside after the kids are in bed with a book and a cocktail.
3) Organize closets - Already done! I tackled this last week but I'm leaving it on the list anyway.
4) I'm taking a week off at home each month in May, July, and August. I'm hoping to do some "staycation" activities with the kids such as going to the pool, to the river, maybe renting a boat on Vallecito Lake, going on bike rides, having picnics, and going hiking.
At the river last summer:
5) I'm doing the same summer races as last year minus the oh-so-intense Kennebec Mountain Run. They are the Narrow Gauge 10-mile on Memorial Day, the Steamworks Half Marathon in June, and the Thirsty 13 Half Marathon in August.
6) Last but not least - We are taking our first ever family vacation in June to Denver!
What's on your agenda for the summer?
[PS: I am linking up, a little belatedly, with Kristen and Gretchen for What's New With You!]