Thursday, May 4, 2017

The Great Summer To-Do List [2017]

Welcome to the 2nd annual edition of The Great Summer To-Do List. This is where I get organized with projects and fun for the months ahead.

1) Redo the flower beds in the front yard and do something about the (lack of) grass in the back yard. I don't exactly have a green thumb so am not looking forward to this but it'll be nice once it's done.


I am including this photo as the yard looks currently in hopes that I have a gorgeous "after" photo to show you in September:


2) Buy a couple comfortable chairs and an end table for the back porch. I have dreams of sitting outside after the kids are in bed with a book and a cocktail.

3) Organize closets - Already done! I tackled this last week but I'm leaving it on the list anyway.


4) 
 I'm taking a week off at home each month in May, July, and August. I'm hoping to do some "staycation" activities with the kids such as going to the pool, to the river, maybe renting a boat on Vallecito Lake, going on bike rides, having picnics, and going hiking.

At the river last summer:


5) I'm doing the same summer races as last year minus the oh-so-intense Kennebec Mountain Run. They are the Narrow Gauge 10-mile on Memorial Day, the Steamworks Half Marathon in June, and the Thirsty 13 Half Marathon in August.

6) Last but not least - We are taking our first ever family vacation in June to Denver!

What's on your agenda for the summer?

[PS: I am linking up, a little belatedly, with Kristen and Gretchen for What's New With You!]

6 comments:

  1. Plant a garden - last year was the first year in a long time I did not! Finish our outside patio area. Lots of lake days, bike rides and time outside. I am going to miss not being at home but hopefully use up OT and take 3 day weekends every other week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your outdoor projects! My garden is also awful right now so I'm hoping to do some work with it soon. Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh a family trip to Denver sounds super exciting! good luck with knocking everything else out too. we have a lot on this summer - big trip home/NZ and then hopefully renovations in the kitchen and bathrooms. we shall see lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the outdoor space!! The family trip sounds super fun! We're taking a family trip to Toronto in August - can't wait :)
    Hope all of your races go well too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these staycations and vacations sound awesome! It sounds like you're going to have a great summer! I think your flowerbeds look pretty decent, but I totally understand wanting to spruce them up. We did the front yard last fall and we need to tackle the backyard in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! Gosh how cute is Abel?! I want to do more staycation-y type things. I also someday hope to have a yard and/or any plants skills... hahha I also have the chair dream! Good luck with everything! My May goals are mostly, reading fluffy books and crafting... and trying to be healthy before the wedding I am in at the end of the month...! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.