Sunday, May 7, 2017

Weekend [May 6-7, 2017]

Hey Friends! Did you have a nice weekend? Here's what we were up to:

On Saturday - I ran eight miles, and then baked banana-pumpkin muffins with Swede while Abel napped. We used this recipe, but I think without the frosting I can call them muffins, although we did add chocolate chips...


Swede is demonstrating here that she IS smiling because we can see her teeth:


In the afternoon we played in the yard and then visited with my parents. Abel is exceedingly attached to this blankie (called "Spouty") and often carries it around in his mouth to keep his hands free.


Jonathan and I went out to dinner at Fifth Street Eatery. I went for the shrimp and grits this time.


On Sunday - Church and then a family hike and then the kids both napped for two hours. I finished The Hearts of Men and started On Turpentine Lane.


In the afternoon we went to the playground and then to the grocery store. We had my favorite veggie sandwiches (cream cheese, avocado, cucumber, tomato) and chips for dinner and I did some yoga (which felt so nice!) and now it's time for bed!

8 comments:

  1. Does Swede still nap consistently/every day? And does it effect her nighttime sleep? Just curious, as my nearly 4 year old has not napped for a long time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't nap very often and when she does it sets bedtime back 1-2 hours. I would rather that she didn't nap for an easier bedtime honestly!
      She does do a 1.5 hr "quiet time" in her room and is surprisingly good at staying there and playing by herself for the whole time. We have a light up alarm clock that has worked really well.

      Delete
  2. What a fulfilling weekend! I love that Abel carries the blankey around in his mouth. I mean... that only makes sense, right? Lol
    Church and a family hike (and a two hour nap!) sound so ideal! Glad it was a fun weekend for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe is getting really attached to a stuffed owl she has, Avery never got like with anything so I think it is cute!
    Oh I need to make veggie sandwices, I used to eat those all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a lovely weekend! Those muffins and the shrimp look so good. I love how active you all are as a family. They will have so many special memories! My family didn't do a lot of things together when we were growing up. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love veggie sandwiches with cream cheese, cucumber, and tomato. So underrated.

    Love your family hike Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.