Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Add It To My List [Q2 2017]

Today I'm linking up with Lauren and Bre for Add It To My List. These are all the things that I've enjoyed in the past few months that I think you should check out.


First - New recipes we've tried lately with great success:

     - The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Cookies & Cups is the best.
     - The Maple Dijon Salmon from Delish is so easy and so delish.
     - This Corn and Bacon Chicken Salad is the perfect picnic sandwich. 
     - Although these Chicken Cesar Salad Wraps are a close second.

Second - Favorite books I've read in the past three months:

     - I love the Chief Inspector Armande Gamache mystery series by Louise Penny.
     - The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden was magical.
     - On Turpentine Lane by Elinor Lipman was a nice little rom-com.

Next - Kid stuff:

     - We've enjoyed playing the Hoot Owl Hoot board game with Swede.
     - All the kids' dishes and utensils are from Re-Play. I love that they are indestructible and made from recycled milk jugs. The kids love the bright colors.
     - I've mentioned it before but we play with this water table every single day.

Finally - Running shoe update:

     - I mentioned in the March link-up that I was loving the Saucony Freedom ISO but the low drop started to aggravate an old plantar fasciitis injury so I switched to the Mizuno Wave Rider 20. I'd never worn these shoes before but they feel very "familiar" and the niggling pain in my heel every morning has gone away again.

That's all! What do you recommend that I should add to MY list?

9 comments:

  1. The corn & bacon chicken salad sounds so good- I love most things with corn this time of the year! Hoot Owl Hoot is so cute- we've played with two of our nephews before & they love that style/brand of board games! So glad the switch in your shoes seems to have helped with the discomfort you were starting to feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Replay plates we have are the best! I've heard only good things about the rest of their items as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corn, bacon, and chicken...perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to try that banana bread. I always end up with old bananas so I love a good recipe so I don't have to waste them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bear and The Nightingale is on my list to read on vacation! I'm so excited that I've only hear good things so far!! (Those muffins sound amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. On Turpentine Lane sounds like a fun summer book so I added that to my TBR! I've never made banana bread - maybe this will be the recipe to change that. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a huge fan of the Mizuno wave Riders! I have the 18 and 19's but have not ventured into the 20's yet. I hope they didn't change them too much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that chicken salad sounds great. SO glad you loved The Bear and the... it was definitely one of my 2016 favorites! Hmm... loving lately... gold sandals... project life.. (of course)... and Hilary Duff's newer album getting me through tough work days. It's super pump-up-y. LOL XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have The Bear and the Nightingale on my list for Erin's challenge and have heard so many good things about it. I'm hoping to read it soon. When do kids get into water tables? I wonder if Ellie would be interested in one for her first birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.