Thursday, June 8, 2017

That's Life [Episode 2]

Hey Friends! It's hard to believe that Episode 1 was all the way back in February. I was planning to make this a more regular series but the truth is that I completely forgot. I think it's a fun format though so... Let's see what's new!

Mom Life: I feel like the Baby Years are coming to an end. For the past three and a half years I've had a baby, then a toddler, and then a new baby and a toddler. Currently I'd say that I have a kid and a toddler, but pretty soon I'm just going to have two kids. They both seem to have grown up significantly in the past week. Swede is suddenly and fearlessly able to do all the things at the playground without any help. Abel is starting to refuse his high chair and wants to do everything by himself all the time (which is difficult because he does still need help much of the time). Watching them grow up is so bittersweet. I'm really excited for the next few years as a family, but also I feel really sad to leave this era behind.


Abel hasn't quite figured out popsicles yet...

Work Life: For a while - For most of the Baby Years, actually - I'd say that my career has been a little bit on cruise control. I've been doing my job. I've been doing a good job! But it's definitely felt like more of a job than a career. Lately, however,  I am starting to feel more motivated to "lean in," to learn new things, and to take on new responsibilities.

Running Life: I've been having trouble staying consistent with running this year. I really loved running in February and March, but I felt very lackluster for most of April and May. I had a good race at the Narrow Gauge 10-Mile less than two weeks ago but since then have only managed three runs and I ate all the food while in Denver for work this week, so I'm not feeling very confident going into the Steamworks Half Marathon on Saturday. I'd really liked to be sub-2 - Wish me luck!

I did sign my "big endorsement deal" with Brooks yesterday though which was fun.


Social Life: It was so fun to see all my Denver friends this week while I was there for work! But it also reminded me that I need to keep making the effort at home. I have a couple new friends in Durango but they could easily fade back into acquaintances if I don't keep reaching out to make plans. #IntrovertProblems

At my favorite D Bar Denver with the lovely Tyffani

Blog Life: Many of the bloggers that I follow have been stepping back or taking breaks lately, and I suppose the same can be said of me since this is my first post in June, but it's more that I've decided to relax the self-imposed Must-Post-Twice-a-Week rule I've tried to follow ever since I started. Like I said in the May Check-In - I'm trying to take a more relaxed approach towards to-do list items. I don't want the activities that I do for fun to add stress to my life. If I'm feeling tired or if I'm not excited about whatever topic I had planned that day or if I'd just rather finish my book instead of blog... That's fine with me. And I hope it's fine with you too.

That's all! What's new in your life?

7 comments:

  1. What does your endorsement deal mean? Just curious! Sounds like things are progressing in a positive way overall! I hope your half marathon goes well!!! Good luck! I hope you find that good balance for maintaining friendships closer to home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kiddos are so cute! I had to drop my own blogger rules too. Sometimes life just happens and I'd rather live in the moment than get on my computer to churn out a post. Have a great race this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the race!

    So sad to see the baby era go by, I know. I look at Caleb and think all the time: "you are so tall. When did that happen?" Bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I get where leaving the baby years behind is sad but thin of all the fun things you have to look forward to with your little people!

    Good luck with your race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the same way with the baby years, pair that with not being sure if there will be one more it leaves me uneasy - I'm such a planner!
    You'll do great tomorrow -good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm taking a more relaxed approach to blogging this summer as well. There's so much to do and so little time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like lots of people are taking blogging breaks too. That's ok! Sometimes it is really good to do! :) It sounds like life is in transition but going well for you guys right now. I can see how ending the baby years could be bittersweet. :) My grandma says she loves her kids more every year. Hope that helps. hehhehe Good luck fostering new friendships. It can be so hard sometimes. We had so many good friends in college, and because we are still in that city a lot of our friends left after school. So we make an effort to keep in touch, but also our pool of friends gets smaller as time goes on. It's a tough balance. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.