Sunday, June 11, 2017

Weekend [June 10-11, 2017]

Hey Friends! Did you have a nice weekend? Here's what we were up to:

On Saturday morning I ran the Steamworks Half Marathon. It was a tough race for me but I managed to finish just under two hours which was my goal. In the afternoon, after naps for both kids - thankfully, because I was so tired too! - and a visit with my parents, we went out to dinner as a family for Chinese food. I am always anxious about meltdowns in restaurants but both kids did really well. In the evening I finished reading The Atomic Weight of Love and started Bury Your Dead.

At the start of the race

Swedey's new watermelon pajamas

On Sunday my mom and I took the kids swimming in the morning which was really fun, and in the afternoon we went to the river trail so Swede could practice riding her new pedal bike. It's harder than I thought to learn how to ride a pedal bike even with training wheels! There are so many things to think about and do simultaneously. We stopped to play in the river for a while then went back home to have tacos for dinner.

A rare photo of J and me together

Abie at the river

Upcoming this week:

I am only working three days this week and then we are heading to Denver for a family vacation! I am excited and nervous. I need to start my packing list now so that hopefully I don't forget anything crucial.

I have a haircut appointment on Tuesday as well as a board meeting of the charter elementary school for which I'm the Treasurer. I am doing a recovery week after the half marathon so will just do a couple easy runs before I start my official training for the Thirsty 13 Half Marathon next week.

The meal plan is pretty simple: We're having Chicken Caesar Wraps tomorrow, Maple Dijon Salmon and salad on Tuesday, and egg sandwiches on Wednesday.

That's all!

6 comments:

  1. Those watermelon jammies are SO cute!!! Sounds like you had a pretty good race!! Looks like lovely weather for running! Hope you guys have an awesome family vacation. I'm the same when we are all going summer - I make a huge list and make sure to cross every single thing off. It's the only way!! If I don't do it, we definitely forget little tiny things and it can be so irritating! Enjoy all your time with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on your race!!
    I love Swede's watermelon jammies, so cute!
    Riding a pedal bike is hard! The trick for Avery (finally!) was going downhill (just a slope) so the pedals moved in the right direction.
    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go with your half marathoning! I love to buy kids pajamas. Those watermelons are adorable.

    Egg sandwiches hot or egg salad sandwiches cold?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the race!

    And that pic makes me want watermelon pajamas... for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah! It's not quite where I wanted to be I'm always happy with sub-2.
      You can't go wrong with watermelon PJs. We're in a bit of a watermelon phase over here after the matching watermelon Toms. :-)

      Delete
  5. Have fun on vacation!! I hope it all goes well! Love the photos and those watermelon PJs. :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.