Sunday, June 25, 2017

Weekend [June 24-25, 2017]

Hey Friends! Did you have a nice weekend? This is what happened here:

On Saturday I ran six miles while listening to The Runners World Show podcast about David Willey's BQ. Sometimes when I listen to podcasts while running it slows me down but this one was very inspiring!

Swede and I baked The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins and then while both kids napped I read Celine <-- So good! In the afternoon we visited with my parents and then our babysitter came over while Jonathan and I went out to dinner at Animas Brewing Company where we ordered pretty much the entire appetizer menu.



On Sunday we had a peaceful and leisurely morning before going to church, and then played at home some more before and after nap time.



In the early evening Swede and I went for a bike ride together on the river trail which was really fun. We biked together frequently two summers ago and I'm hoping to do so again this year. And then we had fresh strawberry milkshakes for dessert! A very fun and delicious end to the weekend! Abel missed out because he goes to bed so early but he'll catch up next year.


Upcoming this week:

Meals

Mon: Tomato-Basil-Mozzarella Panini
Tue: Thai Red Curry with Vegetables from Cookie & Kate
Wed: Risotto with Parmesan & Roasted Tomatoes from Love Real Food
Thu: Jonathan's Birthday! His request was enchiladas.
Fri: Salmon with Dijon Cream and Garlic Butter Breadcrumbs from How Sweet Eats

This is Week 2 of training for the Thirsty 13 Half Marathon. I'm running four days a week - One easy, one speed (via Kara Goucher's plan), one hill, and one long.

This is a rare-in-the-summer full week of work but I'm planning to crank through a long to-do list before taking the whole next week off for a staycation!

That's all! Tell me - What was the best part of your weekend?

9 comments:

  1. Those muffins sound delicious! So do your meals for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww looking at your kids' pictures reminds me of my childhood days!
    https://theoraclejournal.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh what are some of your favorite podcasts for running?! My BIL's sister recommended listening to the Run, Selfie, Repeat podcasts, but I'm looking for some more, especially as I head into this mileage-building month!

    Also, this literally sounds like the BEST weekend! I need those muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids seriously have the most beautiful eyes! What a fun family-filled weekend! I'm glad you got some one-on-one time with your babes and ample family time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going out and ordering just apps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweden sure does look like she's enjoying the bike ride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear in the above comment I wrote "Swede" but the iPad changed it to Sweden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Saturday sounds like the ultimate day with a date night, time with the kids, visiting your parents, reading, etc. Swede looks like she's having so much fun on your bike ride- too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These family photos are too darn cute! I love it! :) Looking into the book! Those muffins sound great... :) We had a low key weekend here too, and it was so nice! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.