Tuesday, July 4, 2017

4th of July Weekend 2017

Hey Friends! This was another long holiday weekend for me. I sure do love summer! 

Here's what we've been up to:

Saturday - As usual I started the day with an eight mile run at the gym. I think I'm the only person in the world who enjoys running on a treadmill. In the afternoon we went to the pool which was somewhat fun but unfortunately a little too crowded - I'm not sure how I expected otherwise on a holiday weekend! We had pizza for dinner, then in the evening my parents came over to play Ticket to Ride and I won!

The fearless explorer has discovered a new land!

#NaptimeGoals


Sunday - We went to church and then to the fancy grocery store in the morning. Swede and I baked M&M cookies (at her request). I went on a hike with Gumball during nap time. In the afternoon we ran a couple more errands including picking up some new summertime candles at Bath & Body Works which allowed the kids to play on the coin-operated (without any coins put in) vehicles at at the mall. In the evening Swede and I went for a bike ride on the river trail.



This might be my new favorite photo.

Monday - I woke up not feeling very well and so we had a low-key day with a visit to my parents in the morning and a trip to the library in the afternoon.

Popsicle party!

Tuesday - We went to the park in the morning and then everyone, myself included, took a long nap! We had a nice visit with my parents (the hose + the sandbox = endless entertainment) and then had dinner with Jonathan's parents (hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, ice cream). Swede and I went on a nature walk in the early evening.



Other than not feeling my best on Monday (and a few meltdowns from the kids, obviously, but you just have to shake it off) it was a really nice weekend! Another good thing is that I took a break from the Internet as well. No email. No social media. No blogs. No online shopping. It was refreshing to unplug and helped me to be more present generally. I think I am going to try it more often.

6 comments:

  1. Curious to hear what you think of Adam Sharp when you finish it! Those M&M cookies look delicious too. Sounds like such a fun weekend, especially all of the time outside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a super fun weekend, you did so much! :) I love the photo of them in the train toy as well. How cute! Glad you got to see so much family, and that you won Ticket to Ride! We played that at my bday game night, and I spaced an entire route... yikes. It was one of my worst scores in a while! :P Oh well! Hope you have a great short week! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is cuteness overload with the pictures of the kids. Sounds like a great weekend. What is Ticket to Ride?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice weekend! I must say... those cookies look pretty amazing.

    That is awesome that you were able to unplug for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning ticket to ride! I love that game but I have never won. My brother is too good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a kid I practically lived in the sandbox with the hose on :) Sounds like a fun weekend- sorry you were feeling icky on Monday, though!!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you feel so inclined! I will reply via email if you provide your email address. If not - Check back here for a reply.