I think it's time for another installment of the funny things that Swede has said lately. [See here and here for earlier posts!]
1) A conversation:
Grammy: What are you having for dinner tonight?
Me: Frozen lasagna
Swede: I like my lasagna better warmed up!
2) A story, by Swede: Once upon a time there was a little girl named Swedey. She went into the woods to give the bear a hug. But there was a big monster who wanted to eat her up! So she ran really fast back to the house.
3) Fog = Clouds that came down from the sky to say "Hello Swede!"
4) The first time we read "Jack and the Beanstalk" together she corrected me that it's "Fee Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of an English Muffin!"
5) While playing hide-and-seek: "OK Daddy, Don't move. Be as still as a dinosaur!"
6) Walking home from my parents' house one day with Swede and Abel - She's running ahead and I comment that Abel and I are slowpokes. Swede says: "I'm a fast poke!"
7) At bedtime:
Me: Close your eyes and go to sleep now.
Swede: My eyes don't like to be closed. They like to pop open and roll around in my head all night!
8) We are looking for a horseshoe in a "hidden pictures" game and Swede says: Is a horseshoe to shoo away the horses that are mean?
That's all! I'm looking forward to collecting Abel's funny sayings too once he starts talking more. His early words, for the record, are: Mama, Dada, Yes, No, Ball, Book, Bite, Bubbles - He's got the "B" sound figured out! - Up, This, Hello, and Bye-Bye.